Jira Portfolio - how to share a link URL to an initiative or an EPIC ?

JulienFritsch March 2, 2016

Hi,

I would like to be able to get a link to an EPIC or INITIATIVE from a Portfolio plan. How can I do that? 

4 answers

0 votes
JulienFritsch March 7, 2016
Hi,

This was my guess as well. Too bad.

Thanks.

Julien

Paul Caskey May 6, 2020

true but sleelwngh c.fekgk

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2016

Hi Julien,

I am afraid that I will have to disappoint you on that one. The closest you could get to this, would be to make sure you get to the Backlog view of your Portfolio plan (https://your_JIRA_url/jira/secure/PortfolioPlan.jspa?id=20#backlog), but selecting the Epics/Initiative (not to mention specific epics or initiatives) views is done through javascript. So they do not have a straightforward static URL you could directly refer to from a slide.

0 votes
JulienFritsch March 3, 2016

Hi thanks, this I knew already, the link in this case goes to the JIRA backlog where the issue is no ?  My use case is not this one. I have a slide, I want to insert / share a URL to either an epic or initative of a Portfolio plan. How can I do that ?

Kind regards.

Julien

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2016

Hi Julien,

If you have imported the issue from JIRA, the link is already there. If you have created it in your Portfolio Plan, you can either link it to an existing JIRA issue or create and link a new issue in JIRA.

In both cases, the easiest way to do this, is make sure that you can see the issue link field in the backlog view of Portfolio. By default, this field is hidden. In the top right corner of your backlog, you should find a cog icon. If you click it, you will see the list of available fields, with the visible fields checked.

Select the issue link field to make it visible. Then locate your epic or initiative in the backlog and click inside the issue link field. You will be offered to options:

• Create and link new issues
  • Link existing issues

From there onwards, things get pretty obvious.

Suggest an answer