Jira Plugin for Custom Field: Radio Buttons

Member A -Team IC- September 12, 2019

Hi everyone,

I am developing a custom field plugin that allows me to create a custom field that allows me to display the description beside the radio buttons. This is a requirement to suit my use case, and I do not have the luxury to purchase ready-made plugins from the marketplace.Screenshot from 2019-09-12 16-48-53.png

Therefore, making it work like a single custom field for a checklist.

However, I am not proficient in java, velocity templates and writing plugins in general. I was following the admin editable custom field tutorial. Really need someone to walk me through developing such a custom field type plugin.

https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/creating-a-custom-field-type/

This is the velocity template for the admin editable custom field tutorial. The input has the property value, hence it is able to display ${value}. However, for my case, I am using radio buttons. How do I determine which radio button was selected? and be able to display the value of the selected option?Screenshot from 2019-09-12 16-59-17.png

My current velocity template (uncompleted and unsure of how to proceed)

Screenshot from 2019-09-12 17-02-12.png

Also, the tutorial dealt with the persistence of the data. How do I go about writing the java code to persist my data? I'm pretty sure GenericTextCFType is not applicable here, do I use SelectCFType? How do I get the selected option and persist it as the custom field of an issue?
Admin editable custom field type (tutorial's) java code:

Screenshot from 2019-09-12 17-08-28.png

2 answers

0 votes

package com.example.plugins.tutorial.customfields;
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.customfields.impl.GenericTextCFType;import com.atlassian.jira.issue.customfields.manager.GenericConfigManager;import com.atlassian.jira.issue.customfields.persistence.CustomFieldValuePersister;import com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.TextFieldCharacterLengthValidator;import com.atlassian.jira.security.JiraAuthenticationContext;import com.atlassian.plugin.spring.scanner.annotation.component.Scanned;import com.atlassian.plugin.spring.scanner.annotation.imports.JiraImport;

@
Scannedpublic class JiraCustomField extends GenericTextCFType {
  public JiraCustomField(      @JiraImport CustomFieldValuePersister customFieldValuePersister,      @JiraImport GenericConfigManager genericConfigManager,      @JiraImport TextFieldCharacterLengthValidator textFieldCharacterLengthValidator,      @JiraImport JiraAuthenticationContext jiraAuthenticationContext) {    super(customFieldValuePersister, genericConfigManager, textFieldCharacterLengthValidator , jiraAuthenticationContext);  }}

0 votes

#controlHeader ($action $customField.id $customField.name $fieldLayoutItem.required $displayParameters.noHeader)#if ($jiraUserUtils.getGroupNamesForUser($authcontext.loggedInUser.name).contains('jira-administrators'))<table style="width:100%"> <tr> <th colspan="2">Task Description</th> <th>Result/Job Done</th> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">$customField.description</td> <td> <form class="aui"> <fieldset class="group"> <div class="radio"> <input class="radio" type="radio" checked="checked" name="radiobuttons" id="yes" > <label for="yes">Yes</label> </div> <div class="radio"> <input class="radio" type="radio" name="radiobuttons" id="no" > <label for="no">No</label> </div> </fieldset> </form> </td> </tr></table>

#else
#if($value && ! $value.equals("")) #set ($displayValue = ${value}) #else #set ($displayValue = 'N/A') #end<span title="This field is editable only by JIRA administrators">$!displayValue</span><input type="hidden" name="$customField.id" value="$!value" />#end#controlFooter ()

Suggest an answer