Is there a Jira Number generated for every Jira Issue created?

2 answers

0 vote

Yes, there is a unique number created which acts as primary key in the database. There is also a unique issue key of the format projectKey-projectCounter.

Where i can access the field? Is it in the default field?
I just would like this field to be mapped in the SFDC, so when create jira issue the unique number will reflect on the SFDC.

That field is not available on the UI, unless you store it in a custom field using some scripting or development or maybe using worklow post functions.

Issue Key is also unique as long as you don't move it to a different project. Even if you move, you can still search using the old issue key.

The issue-id in the database is a bit useless to the end user without some code to drag it out and use it. I'd stick to the issue-key.

Where i could create my script to access the unique number or issue key?

What script? The issue Key is right on screen in front of you whatever you're doing with an issue, and it's in the url if you're just browsing issues, and in the grid if you're looking at the results of a search, and and and.

You'll need to explain what you're trying to do before we can help you much. Saying "create my script to access it" tells us nothing about what you're doing. (Also, you mention SFDC, which is utterly meaningless without a context)

Basically, i'm working with the integration of Jira and Salesforce. And i would like to get the Jira Number created from Jira to be reflected on the Salesforce Case object.

How will I access the Issue Key to use it in mapping between Salesforce and Jira?

0 vote

Ok, so what "mapping" do you have in Salesforce? Are the issues created by Salesforce activity and need recording, or are they created in Jira and pushed to Salesforce? What script, and where are you running it?

I created a custom field in Salesforce that will contain the Issue Key from Jira. I'm doing my mapped at the Jira side. The issue/case is created in Salesforce and push to Jira by synchronization but when changes taken in Jira the values must reflect in Salesforce.

No script yet, i'm just configuring it from Jira side. if i'm doing script, where can i see the editor to put in my codes?

Um, the script goes into Salesforce, which I'm not that familiar with. Your script should talk to Jira, probably via REST.

You need to explain and/or think through that "synchronisation" you mention - how does that work? If the case is created in Salesforce, then it's that that needs to work out what it's just done and get back the Jira response.

I got the answer on this. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Posted 12 hours ago in Jira

We want to know what Jira Service Desk apps you're using!

Hi Community! My name is Amir and I’m on the Jira Service Desk product marketing team at Atlassian. Our team would love to understand how you’re leveraging our ecosystem for Jira Service Desk. Wha...

35 views 0 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you