Jira Mobile Connect not fetching comments from Jira

Diego Peinador August 2, 2012

I've setup a test application with the lastest verion of jiraconnect-ios (53296f8b4c93) with the instructions from the repositiory's readme. I can create and add comments from the app but I don't see the ones created in Jira.

I've checked the user jiraconnectuser is in the group Users and the comments are not restricted to any group. I've also tried to create a comment with the user jiraconnectuser. Other thing I've tried is to manually activate notification with:

[JMCsharedInstance].options.notificationsEnabled = YES;

But notifications were already enabled, I can see in the console:

2012-08-03 15:27:58.084 TestJMC[3730:707] 55 -[JMCPing sendPing] Retrieving notifications via: https://...

2012-08-03 15:27:59.356 TestJMC[3730:707] 73 -[JMCPing didReceiveComments:] Time JIRA last saw this user: 2012-08-03 13:27:58 +0000

I think I am missing some configuration in the Jira server, but I don't know what, any ideas?

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Diego Peinador October 9, 2012

This look like a temporaly problem with the server side. Aditional info can be found in http://connect.onjira.com/browse/CONNECT-187 which is also invalid as it cannot be reproduced anymore but it has a workaround, in case anyone has the same problem.

0 votes
briangershon February 2, 2013

Hello,

I'm not able to see CONNECT-187 issue (Issue Tracker is locked) -- has their been any progress on this?

I'm running JMC in a new iOS6 app, and able to post comments via JMC, but not receiving any. I'm also seeing the familiar (with this and other forum messages re: no comments coming back to the iOS device) "issuesWithComments" (from sendPing call) not returning any values.

So everything seems to be working, but the /rest/jconnect/1.0/issue/updates api doesn't seem to be returning anything in the issuesWithComments field (empty dictionary).

I've reindexed my new ondemand instance, no difference. I played manually with changing the milliseconds value in the query and no dice.

Could this be some sort of permission setting issue (preventing data from appearing via rest api)? I'm using all the JMC defaults when the JIRA instance was set up.

Thanks,

Brian

0 votes
briangershon February 2, 2013

Hello,

Any progress on this? I'm not able to see CONNECT-187 issue.

I'm running a new iOS6 app, and able to post comments via JMC, but not receiving any. I'm also seeing the familiar (with this and other forum message re: no comments going back to the iOS device) "issuesWithComments" (from sendPing call) not returning any values.

I've reindexed my new ondemand instance, no difference.

0 votes
Diego Peinador August 11, 2012

Yes, I tried that JQL (with the uuid, actually) and it returned data, where the REST call with the same parameters to rest/jconnect/1.0/issue/updates didn't.

I've created a bug report: http://connect.onjira.com/browse/CONNECT-187 with more info.

Thanks,

Diego Peinador.

0 votes
Nick
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2012

Hi,

I would really like to get to the bottom of this, however I have been unable to reproduce the problem you are seeing at this stage.

Do you see any logging in the JIRA logs at all which could provide any clues?

Have you tried performing a re-index of the project you are using, in case the updated index has somehow been rendered stale ?

Are you able to execute the same JQL that the plugin is using, directly in your JIRA server to see if any results are being returned. The query is like this:

project = "JRL" and reporter = jiraconnectuser and updated >= <last updated timestamp>

Note: the actual query also restricts based on the uuid customfield. Try the above first however to see if you can determine what may be happening here.

Cheers,

Nick

0 votes
Aaron Jones August 11, 2012

I'm experiencing the same issues on the same version of jiraconnect-ios (53296f8b4c93) using the sample application. Looking at the output of the notificaitons URL, it's clear that the sinceMillis argument is being ignored. Seems like a bug in the plugin?

Suggest an answer