Jira Jeti wrongly formats Date Time Field

altalia
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 4, 2021

when I send an email in Jira through JETI (Jira Email This Issue) it formats the time with another timezone. I have GMT+1 but it comes out as GMT.

Every user has as personal configuration (GMT+01:00) Rome (which is right) The default user timezone in General Settings is (GMT+01:00) Rome

The only thing which IMHO could be is System Info -> Server Info -> User Timezone GMT

So I think JETI is actually taking the server GMT timezone. I'm afraid that changing it, will change the time in old tickets, making me loose the correct time in old tickets.

The Jira support says nothing about it, has anyone ever experiences it or has some advice?

1 answer

0 votes
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2021

Hi @altalia 

I think you have found the root cause. But you probably want to check with META-INF (the developer of JETI)

My question would be: why isn't the Server time set to GMT+01:00 if all the users are in that time zone?

HTH,
KGM

Suggest an answer