Jira - Is it possible to customize JSON payload sent to webhooks?

Zim _Andrew Zimmerman_ __Appfire__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2020

In Jira Server, is it possible to customize the JSON payload that will be sent to WebHooks? In System Administration, I only see the the checkbox for an empty body to be sent to the URL, but I don't see where to customize the JSON body.

Looks like this may be possible in Jira Service Desk when configuring Automation, but I don't understand how to do it with WebHooks unrelated to JSD, in Jira System Administration. Is it possible without add-on apps?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Larry Peery March 10, 2022

Ugh! We have the same need but do not believe it is possible with Jira Server/Datacenter.

From the docs, https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/webhooks/

A callback for an issue-related event is structured like this:

Issue shape

• The same shape returned from the Jira REST API when an issue is retrieved with NO expand parameters.
Zim _Andrew Zimmerman_ __Appfire__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2022

Got it -- thanks, @Larry Peery .

Thanks for your response! I'm accepting your answer since this post has been pretty quiet the last few years. Thanks again!

Cheers,

Andrew

Like Larry Peery likes this

Suggest an answer