Jira Implementation on my PC

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2011

I generated a back up of jiradb from my computer at work PC1

I want to install Jira version 4.3.4on my PC2 in home .

I need to use the same configuration in PC2 that i used in PC 1

how to copy and match the settings and the database

5 answers

3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2011

Depends on what you mean by "backup". If it's a database backup, then restore it to the database server at home and point the home Jira at it. If it's the xml backup, then import it into the home Jira. In both cases, you'll need to grab a copy of attachments too, if you need them (Jira will work fine without them, but throw errors if you try to use attachment related stuff)

There are some settings kept outside the database - you should know about these because you'll have changed them by hand during installation, or while fixing/enabling stuff - it will mostly be .xml files in <jira install>/webapp/WEB-INF/classes. Jira-application.properties is the most likely to be changed.

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2011

i will try it and hope to mark your answer as solved !

0 votes
Dave Donnelly [Sensata]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 28, 2011

Might an externally accessible instance of JIRA be a more easily maintained option? That way you could work on issues no matter where you are (including via smartphone app). I have just implemented this with my work instance of JIRA and it is proving very useful.

(Apologies if I have the wrong end of the stick on this one)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2011

That will make it easier - Jira won't try to upgrade the data when you move it from one to the other.

0 votes
Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 28, 2011

Yes it is the same Jira Version ..because i sometimes need to complete the task and customise in my house )

0 votes
Dave Donnelly [Sensata]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 28, 2011

Same JIRA version on both PCs or are you upgrading?

Suggest an answer