Jira: How to see permission/notifications/actions based on role

Omprakash Thamsetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2019

There is a question asked by one of project manager to track the project information. Question is: How can we track or show the details about role based.

ex: If I select Developer role then it should show

- What actions he could perform

- When he/she receive email notifications

- Any other details that developer can do on that project showing is good. 

Look like we don't have option to show those info by selecting the role in jira.

. Any suggestions or advise on this.

2 answers

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2019

It may be easier for you to document this manually. I use project roles which allows me to have one permission scheme and notification scheme. You can build a table with the project roles and what permissions and notifications they have. The other thing you need to account for is if you restrict transitions to project roles. For instance I always restrict transitions to the Assignee and project admin. On some there may be other roles. This table will not give you users, but they come and go depending on your staff turnover. If you have multiple permission and notification schemes it will be more work. 

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2019

Hi @Omprakash Thamsetty 

You can try the Permission helper and Notification helper.

This will give you good information, not on the project level but at the issue level  (which could be even better). Not 100% exactly what you are looking for but quite close.

Ravi

Omprakash Thamsetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2019

@Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_Similar to permission helper. If I choose Developer Role then it should display that Developer role what are the actions he can perform on that project.

Ex: Developer can Create Request issue type only

Developer can close the ticket.

Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2019

Not role but use any user that you know who is a developer.

Suggest an answer