Jira Filter Table in Confluence (Colours)

Oliver Thomas Gatland February 12, 2019

I have a a Jira filter table on my Confluence page. The filter picks up issues with a variety of labels, for the sake of explanation lets call these labels:

• Label1
  • Label2
  • Label3

I would like to know if it is possible to colour code these issues on the Confluence page based on which label each issue has. For example, if an issue has "Label1", colour code it red in the Jira filter table. If the issue has label "Label2", colour code it green in the Jira filter table. If issue has label "Label3", colour code it blue in the Jira filter table.

This colour code could be a dot next to the issue, change the colour of the text, or colour the background of the table entry. How it is coloured doesn't really matter, I just need a way to differentiate between issues with different labels that are called by the same filter.

Does anyone know if this is possible, or have an alternative solution?

3 answers

0 votes
Katerina Rudkovskaya _Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 27, 2020

Hello @Oliver Thomas Gatland 

Please note that since the 6.1.0 version, the Confluence Wiki Markup and Markdown syntax is supported in the Table Transformer macro.
It means that you can enhance the formatting abilities of your tables in Confluence.

With the help of the FORMATWIKI() function, conditional formattingconditional inserting of statuses are possible now.

Here are some other use cases you may need in the future.

Katerina

0 votes
Knut Arne Ristebråten
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2019

Hi @Oliver Thomas Gatland and welcome to the community!

I would guess that it should be possible to achieve, but one probably have to add some Custom HTML/CSS to Confluence (found in Confluence Administration) or in a Custom HTML macro put on the page in question.

For example do I use the following CSS (Added in Confluence administration -> Stylesheet) to highlight the rows in the Jira filter table macro in Confluence:

/*Set header row in JIRA Macro List to color*/ 
.jira-issues .jira-tablesorter-header{
background-color:#B1A297;
color:white;
}

/*Set every second row in JIRA Macro List to color*/
.jira-issues .rowAlternate{
background-color:#FAFAFA;
}

I am not certain how to go forward with the solution you need, since I havent performed that kind of work before, but I hope someone else in the Community are able to help you.

0 votes
Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2019

Hi @Oliver Thomas Gatland,

As per atlassian , coloring labels are not available. Please refer.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Label-Colors-in-Issue/qaq-p/916840

Alternatives are 

1. You can create separate filters for different labels.
  2. Using script runner , try  to color code the label . Refer https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/Change-label-color-e-g-Due-Date-in-IssueNavigator/qaq-p/504152
  3. Try below plugin   https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1213958/colors-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=pricing

Suggest an answer