Jira Core Suddenly Reset Itself

tim and June 10, 2020

Upon logging into jira core this morning the setup screen was displayed in stead of the login screen.  I had to go thru the setup all over and input my license key.  All my issues and projects are lost.  Is there anyway to recover my issues and projects.  This was setup running the local database included with Jira, not SQL server.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2020

Probably not. If the in-memory data was not persisted to the disk when the process fell over, it's gone. Your next step is to use a real database, even for the evaluation process

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2020

If you had left the internal backups running, then there may be some xml files (zipped) in the <jira home>/exports directory.

You can use those to restore your data (ideally into a supported database)

Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 10, 2020

Good idea. The backups happen every 24 hours I believe

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events