Jira-Cloud customize add on using ngrok

Vi Phung May 21, 2018

Atlassian currently has a ACE framwork for add-on in Jira Cloud. From the tutorial and framework, they suggest to use ngrok to create the tunnel and connect from local to the website. However, ngrok is good for development but I have trouble keeping it running for 24/7.

Have anyone successfully wrote an add on for Jira Cloud? What do you use to keep your add-on running for 24/7? (beside ngrok)

Thank you so much!

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2018

Hello,

You can either buy a static ip from your provider(in this case one of your servers must be on 24/7) or you can buy a virtual private server. For example, an AWS private virtual server.

Vi Phung May 23, 2018

hi Alexey, 

Thank you for your reply. Do you have to change the code somehow if you use AWS private virtual server? Right now the framework from Atlassian embedded ngrok in it. 

I'm very new to this so I'm still trying to figure things out with the connection. We got the EC2 from AWS but I still use ngrok to run it.  

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2018

What framework do you use? I think you do not have to change anything.

Vi Phung May 23, 2018

I'm using Atlassian Connect Express. below is the tutorial that I follow very closely:

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/project-activity/

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2018

I see. It is Node JS. I do not think you need to change anything.

Suggest an answer