Jira Cloud app in Teams reinstalls when I paste in a Jira link

Kevin H_
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 7, 2024

I installed the Jira Cloud app in Teams, and logged in to my Jira account. Tried it out. Then I right-clicked the icon in the left and uninstalled it.

Now, every time I paste a link to a Jira issue into a Teams thread, the Jira Cloud app for Teams reinstalls itself—what?! And also, of course, every time I paste a link to a Jira issue, it seems this app adds a big issue preview. I don't want this

I can't seem to uninstall the app in Teams and keep it uninstalled. I already have "Optional connected experiences" disabled, but it still inserts these web link previews. I can't find a way to log out of my Atlassian account, in Teams. How do I stop it?!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kevin H_
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 8, 2024

I finally found you can go into the "Issues" tab of the app, in Teams, and there is a Log Out button in the top-right. Even after logging out it tries to put in a URL preview, but it's an empty one with a button prompting you to log in. Like this. 🤦

Screenshot.png

0 votes
Joanna Sobolewska
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 23, 2024

I am having the same problem too. Anyone figured out how to get rid of it completely? 

Suggest an answer