Jira Cloud - Original Estimate field - how to get it on a tab

Deleted user January 22, 2020

With the screen configurations you can configure tabs to group fields. We want to have a tab that will contain the Original Estimate and the Time Tracking fields. When I configure the screen I create the tab and can add the Time Tracking just fine but Original Estimate is not an option. The Original Estimate does appear when viewing issues on the main screen so the field is active and available, I can also see it when looking at the Field Layout I just can't get it into the tab. Any ideas?

Issue Layout - Original Estimate present.jpgView Screen - Original Estimate field appears.jpgConfigure screen.jpg

2 answers

1 vote
Deleted user September 1, 2020

Just to provide a long overdue update on this. The email I had from Atlassian support in February stated they were aware of this limitation with the Original Estimate field and there currently was no way to configure the field in the screen configuration page as it is no longer part of the time tracking modal (in the new UI has become its own field). There is an internal ticket at Atlassian to track it (they didn't provide the #).

Overall there is no workaround for this.

As of today, Sept 1 the problem still persists.

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2020

Hi @[deleted]

I tested this in our instance and it worked fine; I only had to add in the field(s) under "Time Tracking" and Original Estimate plus Remaining Estimate did appear in their own tab in Classic View. Does this not work for you?

This is only in the Edit and Create screens though - Time Tracking appears in the View screen in its own separate area on the left-hand side by default.

In the New View, it takes into account the tabs setup - fields in the first tab are shown directly on the issue view. Other tabs appear as panels in the issue details section. These are clickable groups of fields named after the tab.

Ste

Deleted user January 23, 2020

@Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ , thanks for the reply. To make sure we are on the same page, this problem is under the new UI (which I am not a fan of). In this new UI the Edit and View screens are one and the same. When I create a new issue the Original Estimate does appear under the tab I have created because the Time Tracking field is there.  Unfortunately when viewing issues I need the Estimate field to be under the tab but with this new UI it isn't. Basically we are trying to simplify the screens a little by grouping related fields so our staff in different departments have the same reference point when discussing an issue.

I would love to have everyone in our organization use the old view (it would solve some other issues as well) but at some point I am expecting Atlassian to only offer the new UI view meaning I deal with these problems one at a time now or in a bunch later.

For reference here is the entire view issue screen with the tabs I have created showing on the right side, you'll notice the Original Estimate field appears under the Hours tab even though Time Tracking is part of the Hours tab.

New UI Issue View.jpg

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2020

Hi @[deleted]

Fair point; if I'm honest given it won't behave as requested it could be by design or it could be a bug.

Without knowing either way, I'd contact Atlassian Support and get them to advise :)

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events