Jira Automation : create multiple jira stories when a release/fix version is creted

Dilip Reddy Bhoompally
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 28, 2024

Hello,

I am trying to automate some aspects of my project on jira.

Here is my challenge.

I would like to create 4 different stories when a release/ fix version is created.

can someone help me on this?

3 answers

1 vote
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2024

Hi,

You can do something like this :

Automation - Jira.png

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2024

Hi @Dilip Reddy Bhoompally -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What have you tried thus far to solve this need?

If you have a rule which is not working, please post images of the complete rule, the audit log details, and explain what is not working as expected.  Those will provide context for the community to offer suggestions.

If you have not yet started a rule, I encourage you to do so.  Successfully using automation rules requires learning and experimentation.  When one just uses rules created by others without understanding them, they will not be able to maintain and improve them.

To get you started on creating your rule, please refer to these documentation and example sources:

Kind regards,
Bill

0 votes
Dick
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2024

Hi @Dilip Reddy Bhoompally 
Besides what @Mohamed Benziane suggests, it would be beneficial to set the version field to your release name. 

Best of luck,

Dick

By voting for helpful posts and marking answers to your question, you're helping people with similar questions find a solution more quickly. Sharing is caring applies to knowledge as well :)

Suggest an answer