Jira Automation Rule: Linking a set of Tasks to Story within an Epic

Flavia Maria Borgognone
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 28, 2024

Hello, I am trying to create an automation rule whereby a set of Tasks are automatically created and are within the Story. The trigger is the creation of an Epic, and consequently a story is automatically created within the same Epic and I am figuring out how to automatically create tasks within the story (of the epic).  Anyone can help me out on how to complete this automation rule? Thank you! 

1 answer

1 vote
Bryce Lord
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2024

Hi @Flavia Maria Borgognone !

I believe the automation rule shown below should be able to help you out.

In your case, you'd use "Epic" instead of "Feature" which is shown in the automation below.

The automation is set up so that whenever a new Epic is created, it will create a child Story under that Epic, and then create child sub-tasks under the Story.

Screenshot 2024-10-28 at 9.15.21 AM.png

Under the "Create a new Story" portion of the automaiton, make sure to set the "Parent" field to the Trigger issue so that the Story is set as a child of the Epic.

Screenshot 2024-10-28 at 9.20.18 AM.png

Hope this helps!

Flavia Maria Borgognone
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 28, 2024

Thank you so much @Bryce Lord , very helpful! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events