Jira Auto start issue on logwork

Hi,

I'd like to create a trigger to auto transition from status "accepted" to "in progress" when a logwork has been filled out. Because, I've a lot of developpers who forget and leave the issue at "accepted". I wanted to user "trigger" function of the transition, but the button is unavailable.

I'm sure I'm not the only one to have this issue,

Regards.

4 answers

Hi Jerome,

Why not try with a scripted post function if you are using Script Runner Plugin or use CLI? Triggers on transition is available only when you connect to Bitbucket/Stash/Fisheye/Crucible which is not your requirement.

Hi Jerome,

Use "transition issue" post function to automatically transition issue from status "accepted" to "in progress" when log work been filled.

You need to write groovy expression to check log work value for particular issue.

Post function will then run only if expression returns true.

Hope that help you!

Thanks

Rahul

Here is a link to the Atlassian documentation regarding triggers: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-workflow-triggers-776636696.html

If you have a self hosted instance you could also potentially do it by adding a post function.

Cheers!

Hi,

As far I read, trigger is only for external solution as Bitbucket, FishEye...

With Script Runner, I've just found the "Fast-track transition an issue" feature (Param > add-ons > Script Runner > Script Listeners > Fast-track). With it, I can:

• Choose projet (All)
  • Events: Work logged on issue
  • Conditions: "Accepted" == issue.getStatus().getName() // be careful : case sensitive test
  • Actions: Start Progress
  • Additional code: empty

Now it works pretty well wink

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

416 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you