Jira Auromation rule is failing - Unknown fields set during edit

Sara Bardají
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 11, 2024

Hi!

I have an automation rule that sums up the Original Estimate and Remaining Estimate values of issues to their Parent.

image.png

I am updating Original Estimate field with: {{#=}}{{lookupIssues.original estimate.sum}} / 60{{/}}m

and Remaining Estimate field with: {{#=}}{{lookupIssues.remaining estimate.sum}} / 60{{/}}m

However, I am getting the following error when the rule runs:
image.png

What is also strange to me, is that the rule doesn't always fail. In the follwoing image I show the Audit Log of two executions of this same rule, with the same Associated Item and Branch rule/related issues:
image.png

1 answer

0 votes
Dick
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2024

Hi Sara,
Some things to respect in your automation (in terms of keeping it simple):

• You're not checking if the parent link (a custom field!) is empty prior to requesting parent-stuff.
  • Project-screening can be done on the rule scope. If you insist in putting it in the automation, please consider putting it as one of the first conditions. Both will shorten the execution time of your automation if an issue out-off scope is the trigger.
  • I believe there's special branches for the children of epics, which means you would not need the lookup issues action.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events