Jira 8.5 compatiblity with other Atlassian versions

Omprakash Thamsetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2019

Hi,

We have Jira version 7.13.2 and planning to upgrade just Jira to 8.5 but we do have Confluence 6.14.3 , Bitbucket5.16.2 and CROWD 3.3.3.

Question is here:

Does it work everything AS IS, If I upgrade just Jira to 8.5 ? Like integration with bitbucket and confluence. Authentication from CROWD.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Om

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2019

Hi @Omprakash Thamsetty , 

this documentation provides compatibility matrix for the Application Links between Atlassian products : https://confluence.atlassian.com/applinks/application-links-version-matrix-779174762.html#Applicationlinksversionmatrix-table2

You will be fine as most of your apps are fairly recent. Just make sure to read the warning on the above page :

Atlassian Support has noted the following incompatibilities:

• Atlassian products using Tomcat 8.0.30+ integrated with another product using the SAL version 2.13 or below may face problems 
  • Products using AppLinks 4.1 or earlier cannot be linked to products using AppLinks 5.0 or later
  • Jira 4.4.5 using AppLinks 3.5 cannot be linked to Confluence 5.6.6 using AppLinks 4.2. 
  • AppLinks 3.4 or earlier can't use Trusted Apps to link to products using AppLinks 3.5 or greater which have been patched in line with the following security advisories 
  • Connecting JIRA Server to Atlassian Cloud products will require JIRA versions with Applinks 5.4.5 or higher

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Omprakash Thamsetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2019

Hi @Alexis Robert Thanks for the info. Based on my version and then compatible list, I can upgrade my jira.

Suggest an answer