Jira 4.4.5 seems to have cached group membership and won't recognize edits I've made

Last Friday I used the admin section of Jira to delete some members of a group, and add a couple people.

Yet, filters that use that group are still showing entries corresponding to members that had been DELETED from the group.

Some kind of caching seems to happening, and after 3 days, it's still cached.

When I look at the list of groups I see:

Group Name Users

EmergingProducts 25

But, when I drill down into the group and edit members it shows:

Selected 1 of 42 Groups 14 Group Member(s)

There are, in fact, 14 members in the list. Yet it's claiming in the list of groups that there are 25 members, which is the number prior to editing.

Short of a restart, how do I force Jira to catch up to my edits?

We are using Jira 4.4.5, and we are using LDAP delegated authentication for authentication only, we are not using groups from LDAP (active directory to be specific)

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Maybe this is helpful? https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA043/Synchronising+Data+from+External+Directories

Otherwise, go ahead and contact support.atlassian.com providing your ldap and user management strategy, and they should be able to provide you the fix for this.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

106 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you