Jenkins Integration with Jira

Shital Kore June 15, 2014

I have installed Jenkins Plugin for JIRA on my JIRA installation and also JIRA Plugin for Jenkins on to my Jenkins installation. I have added an application link in JIRA settings.

I am facing below issue:

1) On Application Links page there is a warning that my Jenkins Application "seems to be offline". While Adding a jenkins link it gives me error : The host doesn't respond. Change the url or click next to confirm.

Jira Version - 6.0.5

Jenkins Version - 1.562

Jenkins-Jira Plugin Version - 1.4.3

Thanks to anybody who's willing to help me out on this.

4 answers

0 votes
chappidi manohar reddy March 12, 2019

Hi v

can you please share the steps you performed to resolve the issue

Mark Rekveld - Marvelution
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 13, 2019

Hi,

You can follow this Quick Start Guide to integrate Jira with Jenkins.

Cheers,
Mark

0 votes
Shital Kore June 28, 2014

Hi Lucas and Mark

Thanks for your response. You were right, Jenkins server was not accessible from Jira.

Problem is resolved now.

0 votes
Mark Rekveld - Marvelution
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 22, 2014

Hi Shital,

Do you see any errors in the Jenkins log?

The error means that the JIRA server was not able to connect to the Jenkins server to check if its online or not. This could be because the JIRA server cannot connect to the Jenkins server like Lucas mentioned.

But is can also be because the Jenkins server doesn't returns a success response.

0 votes
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2014

Hi Shital,

I'm not an expert on this integration, but did you verified if you can reach your Jenkins server from JIRA? Not just ping, maybe trying to access the application ports using telnet.

Suggest an answer