JQL to find subtasks updated more recently than parents

I have a requirement to create a filter that will return subtasks that have been updated more recently than their parent. I'm pretty sure I can do this via Scriptrunners issue functions but I seem to be having a bit of a mental block on how to go about it. Can anyone help?

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

I cannot think if an easy way to do it with Script Runner JQL functions. I want to be able to do:

issueFunction in expression("issuetype in subTaskIssueTypes()", "updated > parentObject.updated")

but that doesn't work. I created an issue because this has come up before: https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/browse/GRV-587

You could do it with a groovy script or db query or write your own function, but none of them satisfactory. Maybe one of the other plugins that does JQL functions has this.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

106 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you