JQL - getting all tests covering a List of Stories

Christian B July 10, 2019

Hi all

I try to select all tests with JQL that are covering a list of stories selected by a filter. I have currently tried out the following:

issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("filter = myStories", "tested by")

With this JQL not just Tests are listed - also Test Sets are listed. But I also want to get all tests covering the requirements by linked test sets and I found no solution how to get tests related to a list of test sets (testSetTests() just allow one test set as input parameter). So I tried the following:

issue in requirementTests("filter = myStories")

but it returned me the following:

"The parameter 'filter = myStories' does not correspond to a valid Requirement issue nor a valid saved filter. "

Using just one Story key in this query worked  - but not a list of stories. Seems to be the same as with testSetTests()

Does anyone know a solution for "how to get a complete list of Tests out of a List of Requirements ?"

thanks and regards

Christian

1 answer

0 votes
José Domingues [Xray]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 24, 2019

Hi Christian,

First, you need to create a filter that saves all the requirements that you want. After that just use this JQL query swapping the Requirements saved filter with the one that you saved:

issuetype = 'Test' and key in requirementTests('Requirements saved filter') 

You can find more information about that in the documentation below:

JQL enhanced

Best regards,

Xray Team

Stephen Adcock March 16, 2021

the 'key in requirementsTests' portion of this does not seem to work in Jira Cloud version (just migrated to that today)

is there an equivalent for Jira Cloud syntax?

Like Marika Mallia Scerri likes this
Stephen Adcock March 16, 2021

i.e. if i do this:

issuetype = "Xray Test" AND key in requirementTests('DOne - Active STORYs by PO - Onboarding')

i get this:

Unable to find JQL function 'requirementTests(DOne - Active STORYs by PO - Onboarding)'.

Like Stephen Adcock likes this
Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2021

Hi @Miron Aloni 

Currently, it is not possible to filter Requirement Tests, due to the Cloud Architecture, which doesn't allow us access to the Jira Database, stopping us from creating a JQL function to give us that information.

This is why the JQL function we provide in Xray Server are not available in Xray Cloud.

If you need further help, please contact the Xray Support (http://xraysupport.xpand-it.com) so that we can request additional information and investigate further.

Kind regards,
Rogério Paiva [Xray Support Team]

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events