JQL: find issues that have values that also exist as values in another subset of issues

MarchingHome
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 14, 2020

Hi there,

I can't find any other questions that are alike, so I'll try my luck with a new question.

I am looking for a way to filter issues that have values that also exist as values in another subset of issues.

The example:

All issues have one ore more 'locations' entered in the field with that same name. Locations 'Berlin', 'London', or 'Timbuktu' for example.
Now I have subset of issues (already filtered by JQL query), and I have another subset of issues (already filtered by JQL query).

I would like to make a new query which compares the two subsets, and shows only the issues that have 'overlapping' locations.
So to continue with the example:
- One subset one has one issue with location 'Timbuktu' and another issue with location 'London'.
- The other subset has only one issue. The locations on it are 'Timbuktu' and 'Berlin'.

I would like my query to show only the issue from subset one that has location 'Timbuktu' in this case, since that location is also present in the second subset.

I hope this is clear. I can't figure it out by reading the documentation and other questions, so I sincerely hope you can help me.

Thank you for your time!!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2020

You can easily achieve this by using :  JQL Search Extensions for Jira & reports

here is the query

issue in fieldsHaveSameValue("field1", "field2") 

It will match the results and fetch those issues where field1 and field 2 are same

MarchingHome
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 14, 2020

Thank you for your quick reply! Is it not at all possible without the extension?

Suggest an answer