JQL filter by "updated date" range and "assignee"

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2012

The idea is to see how many incidents are resolved by a developer in a date range and show this in a bidimensional gadget in the dashboard. The problem is that the date range will need to be dinamic.

3 answers

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2012

Hi, thanks for the answers. I've done a few tests and I discovered that it was more simple than I expected.

I'm using this JQL:

updated >= -*d AND resolution is not EMPTY

*Days before now to establish the date range.

And then I add a bidimensional table with x-side = project and y-side = assignee.

zulki yusoff October 16, 2013

Hi Ramiro,

I am building the same search filter using JQL. Can you share more on the full query for the date range?

Thanks.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 16, 2013

Hi Zulki, should be something like this:

issuetype = Bug AND updated >= -7d AND resolution is not EMPTY

The updated part searchs for issues that have been updated in the last 7 days

Hope this helps.

Like # people like this
Julian Olivares February 8, 2018

Hi Ramiro, 

I do not think this solves your problem. All you are doing is looking up when all tasks were recently updated, and then categorizing by Assignee INDEPENDENT of who actually updated the issue recently. 

For example, say you are the Assignee to a task, but we discussed issue details and you asked me to update the issue with some information that I had. In that case, I would be the most recent updater, but you would get the 'credit' according to your methodology. 

Sorry :/ 

- Julian

Like Eric Taillefer likes this
6 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 28, 2012

Hi, in JQL you can specify a particular date in "yyyy/mm/dd hh:mm" format .So for a dynamic date i guess you will need to update your filter in two dimensional gadget .

example jql query

resolution = Fixed AND updatedDate < "2012/01/01 00:00" AND updatedDate > "2011/11/01 00:00"

the above jql query will show issues between 1st nov 2011 and 1st jan 2012 .

and i assume in your gadget X-axis is assignee and y-axis is resolution .

This will most probably help however you need to manually specify the date range .

:)

Radek Janata November 28, 2014

Unfortunately, this searches only issues with the LAST update between 2012/01/01--2011/11/01. I haven't found a way how to search issues that were changed in a particular interval but they have been updated since that interval (=the last updatedDate is higher than "2011/11/01").

2 votes
tousifs
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 28, 2012

Hi,

you can use the QueryBuilder and Set the criteria as between two dates.

builder.where().createdBetween(startDate, endDate);

you can get all the issues within date range it may be in the form of collection.

Iterate the collection.

issue.getStatusObject()();you can get the statuses for the issues which are selected between date.

you can put the iterate result in diffrent set or list and display the results based on the Date range.

it will work.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events