JQL Query using was operator returns error

bobmhong February 8, 2017

When attempting to execute a JQL against a username field using the WAS operator, I receive the following error: 

Error occurred communicating with the server. Please reload the page and try again.

This JQL Fails:

assignee was hongbm

The WAS operator works against other fields such as status.

This JQL Succeeds:

status = "Design / Review" and status was closed

We are on JIRA Server  v7.1.7#71011-sha1:2526d7c now, but are planning on upgrading to the latest JIRA version soon.

Any ideas?  

Thanks,

Bob

4 answers

0 votes
Fabio Manzoni January 16, 2018

Hi everyone,

I had a same problem and open a ticket at Atlassian support.

But, you can use this query  below:

issue in issueHistory() AND assignee = XXXX

Also, you can see the documentation

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver073/advanced-searching-functions-reference-861257222.html

In the ticket, Atlassian ask me to send the Support.zip and the Har file.

See the documentation to create a Har file:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/generating-har-files-and-analyzing-web-requests-720420612.html

I hope this can help you.

0 votes
Wim Crols October 31, 2017

Did you find a solution for this?

I have exactly the same error: also using the WAS operator, especially with EMPTY, hangs the server. E.g.

resolution WAS EMPTY ON 2017-10-25

Our domain is https://vikingco.atlassian.net 

I am 100% certain that this worked, because I use it in scripts. These scripts are now broken.

0 votes
bobmhong February 10, 2017

image2017-2-10 12:4:14.png

Bob Hong February 10, 2017

Updated:

After the original message was displayed, I hit enter in the address bar and after about 60 seconds a 500 error was displayed along with diagnostic information.

Technical details
Log's referral number: 97c9d41d-43bd-408c-b2a6-bc594aaff46c
Cause
Referer URL: Unknown
java.lang.IllegalStateException: User 'thy0716' has no unique key mapping.
java.lang.IllegalStateException: User 'thy0716' has no unique key mapping.
at com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUsers.from(ApplicationUsers.java:46) [classes/:?]
at com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUsers.from(ApplicationUsers.java:143) [classes/:?]

If I search for the username in User Management, I find an entry but hovering over the user's icon displays:

User does not exist: thy0716

We are integrating with Crowd and an external LDAP server, so I suspect we have some sort of directory sync issue.

Since this may be more than can be addressed here, I've also submitted a separate request with Atlassian Support.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2017

WAS operator should work with assignee. Can you provide us a screenshot with the error?

Suggest an answer