JIRA with delegated LDAP authentication

I have JIRA v5.1.8#787 installed. I am trying to use delegated LDAP authentication so that users are authenticated against my company's OpenLDAP server. I have configured the User directory properly and checked the option to 'Copy User on Login' and add the user by default to jira-users. However, I am trying to login and I get the following error on the atlassian-jira-security.log:

2012-11-07 17:30:16,287 http-8080-10 anonymous 1050x122x1 1y0sxa6 10.10.3.46 /rest/gadget/1.0/login login : '<username>' tried to login but they do not have USE permission or weren't found. Deleting remember me cookie.

I was under the impression that the way delegated authentication was supposed to work was to copy the user from the LDAP server into JIRA when the user authenticates and add the user to jira-users thereby granting them USE permission. Is this not the case? Am I doing something wrong?

I know that my company's OpenLDAP server does not require authentication to bind and search the directory. Any help will be much appreciated.

1 answer

0 vote

Is the "copy users on first login" option checked?

Yes this option is checked.

Can you ask them to clear the cache (cookies) and try again?

I have. I have even tried it myself and this does not work.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

280 views 3 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you