JIRA users/adminstrator tab missing after the upgrade

Deepa Ramamoorthy October 31, 2012

I am a newbie to JIRA and I had to upgrade from JIRA 4.1.2 to 4.4.1

I am unable to login or see the administrator tab after the upgrade. Did i miss any pre-requiste prior to the upgrade ?

I get the below error once i access the Jira page. Can anyone advise what could have probably gone wrong here ?

Login Required
If you log in or sign up for an account, you might be able to see more here.

3 answers

0 votes
Deepa Ramamoorthy November 6, 2012

Just found out that I have missed to copy the users table(have to manually copied) in DB , im yet to copy and redo the upgrade .

0 votes
petry
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 1, 2012

Hey,

Looks like you are facing the problem described in this KB:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Loss+of+system+navigation+bar+after+upgrade+plugins?utm_source=SAC&utm_medium=hercules-issue-view&utm_content=385430

In order to fix this problem, could you please try the following?

1- Shutdown JIRA.

2- Remove the following directories (these folders will be automatically rebuilt when JIRA is restarted):

- $JIRA_HOME/plugins/.bundled-plugins

- $JIRA_HOME/plugins/.osgi-plugins

- $JIRA_INSTALL/work

3- Start JIRA.

Hope that helps.

0 votes
vkharisma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 31, 2012

Hi Deepa,

May I know if you are using an external user management such as Crowd or LDAP? If yes, there is a good chance that you missed to copy over the osuser.xml file as mentioned in the upgrade guide page: Migrate your existing JIRA configuration over to your new configuration

Cheers, Vicky.

Suggest an answer