JIRA users/adminstrator tab missing after the upgrade

I am a newbie to JIRA and I had to upgrade from JIRA 4.1.2 to 4.4.1

I am unable to login or see the administrator tab after the upgrade. Did i miss any pre-requiste prior to the upgrade ?

I get the below error once i access the Jira page. Can anyone advise what could have probably gone wrong here ?

Login Required
If you log in or sign up for an account, you might be able to see more here.

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Deepa,

May I know if you are using an external user management such as Crowd or LDAP? If yes, there is a good chance that you missed to copy over the osuser.xml file as mentioned in the upgrade guide page: Migrate your existing JIRA configuration over to your new configuration

Cheers, Vicky.

Hey,

Looks like you are facing the problem described in this KB:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Loss+of+system+navigation+bar+after+upgrade+plugins?utm_source=SAC&utm_medium=hercules-issue-view&utm_content=385430

In order to fix this problem, could you please try the following?

1- Shutdown JIRA.

2- Remove the following directories (these folders will be automatically rebuilt when JIRA is restarted):

- $JIRA_HOME/plugins/.bundled-plugins

- $JIRA_HOME/plugins/.osgi-plugins

- $JIRA_INSTALL/work

3- Start JIRA.

Hope that helps.

Just found out that I have missed to copy the users table(have to manually copied) in DB , im yet to copy and redo the upgrade .

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

49 views 2 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you