JIRA plugins: which ones would you recommend?

Andrei [errno]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2011

what would be a "must-have" for most JIRA instances?

Please add 1 plugin per answer, so it can be up/down-voted to gauge usefulness/popularity

10 answers

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2011

Greenhopper. Does that count as a plugin :)

5 votes
DavidV June 1, 2011

Actually for those that do custom workflows the best plugin by far is the JIRA Suite Utilities:

https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/details/5048

5 votes
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2011

JIRA Toolkit.

Particularly the participants customfield which makes it easy to create more focused notifications

2 votes
DavidV June 1, 2011

Here are 3 that I think are pretty cool (of course I do though, otherwise I wouldn't have written them)

Note: All are free and open source.

Pretty good quality too :)

1 vote
Jim Birch
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2011

I would rate the Jira Watcher Field Plugin highly. Add the watcher field to the main screen to allow watchers to be added when the issue is created. Simple. We got a lot of user requests for this. We use Jira for a lot of general project work, not just for dev and defects.

0 votes
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 31, 2011

This kind of questions is disrespectful against all users here that take their time to help with real problems. Not acceptable!

0 votes
Andrei [errno]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2011

so? does it have an option to add personal recommendations? why down vote? don't like a question - move on to the next one. i apologize to Justin - it was not clear who downvoted. sorry. I did some digging - and stackoverflow themselves have a similar question with 16 upvotes- I guess the community there is not so strict :) http://stackoverflow.com/questions/754177/jira-plugins-what-do-you-use

0 votes
Andrew Ardill
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2011

I down voted because I feel this form of question does not add to the site. For a good reference, see http://stackoverflow.com/faq#dontask. Moreover, as Justin has shown this information is for the most part available already.

Questions like this encourage karma-trawling, and don't really answer any specific question - it's really a poll.

0 votes
justindowning
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2011

I didn't down vote your question. I think the popularity ranking by downloads FROM the community show their value to JIRA admins.

0 votes
justindowning
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2011

PAC already ranks plugins by popularity for each product:

JIRA: https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/popular?category=40

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events