JIRA incoming mail fails on unknown users

Robert Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2015

Hi all,

I have set up an incoming mail queue on JIRA  6.2 for the helpdesk and it got an email from a non LDAP ID (called newhire), and is now getting this message: Reporter (newhire) does not have permission to create an issue. Message rejected.

I have done into the mailbox and removed the message and it is still getting that error?    Also in the permission scheme I have create issue set to "group (anyone)"

The system will no longer parse any mail and just gives me that error, and I do not know how to get around it.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Robert

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Robert Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2015

I created a rule not to process meeting invites, and that keeps them away from JIRA I am still curious what JIRA does with meeting invites though...

0 votes
Robert Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 8, 2015

Actually turns out that JIRA is still processing the emails, just leaving the emails with unknown users in the mail box. Interestingly they are meeting invites. Not sure what JIRA incoming mail does with meeting invites. I thought if JIRA does not recognize the id sending the email it either creates an id or uses the default reporter.

Suggest an answer