JIRA home directory

Sony April 23, 2013

Due to space constraint, we would like to move JIRA home directory from C drive to D drive.

Could you please explain the steps to be performed and would like to know any risks involved in moving the JIRA home directory.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ivan Maduro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2013

Benjamin is correct! Simply set your JIRA Home Directory, either by modifying your Configuration file, or using the JIRA configuration tool (config.bat in the JIRA installation/bin/ directory).

Firstly shut down your JIRA instance, copy the JIRA home directory to it's new location. Then set the new Home with the Configuration Tool, and start JIRA again.

There are no risks involved with this, as long as you make sure you keep the JIRA home directory whole and intact during the copy or move (you can always make a backup of this folder too ) your JIRA instance will run just as before once it has started up successfully.

This page has full instructions for 5.2, other versions are available from the bar up top, although the procedure is generally the same.

Cheers,

Ivan.

1 vote
Benjamin Horst
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2013

How do I change my JIRA home?

To change the location of your JIRA home directory,

1. Set your JIRA home to the new location, using your preferred method as described in "How do I set my JIRA home?" (above).
  2. Restart JIRA.

Taken from: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA041/JIRA+Home+Directory

This approach worked for us without much hazzle. You just have to use the structure below the current JIRA HOME. It's just an entry point from what I have seen.

edit: I felt compelled to add that you should copy the directory from C to D and then restart JIRA with the new HOME set. If you run into problems you can always go back to the old directory without any data loss.

Suggest an answer