JIRA attachment encryption

k g
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 19, 2011

Is there any option to encrypt attachment automatically during upload, so attachments in JIRA will be encrypted once attached?

3 answers

1 vote
Ryan Kennedy May 18, 2017

We are an Atlassian Solution Partner and we've just released something that might help.  It's called Team Secrets and it protects sensitive files in JIRA with end-to-end encryption and viewer verification.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/io.teamsecrets.jira.prod/cloud/overview

Please take a look and let us know what you think!

Yuri Krysko
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 9, 2017

Way overpriced for the offered functionality

Nigel Rochford
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 1, 2018

We`ve also released an app which enables you to encrypt data (including attachments) in bulk. Server only, but we`ll be supporting DC in the next couple of weeks. https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219237/zorro-anonymizer?hosting=server&tab=overview 

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2011

No. Do you want them to remain encrypted when someone views them?

If not are you worried about their security on the filesystem? In which case you could investigate using an encrypted file system.

Maybe explain what you are trying to achieve to elicit better answers.

k g
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 19, 2011

when user attach a file, file should be automatically encrypted (during upload), so the only poeple who can view attached file have a "decryption key", and the other users have access to crypted file (so they can do nothing with this). I was asked by our security admin, does JIRA have functionality like that (or there is somewhere a plugin for attachment encryption).

Thanks for any answer :-)

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2011

No it does not, you'd have to write that yourself. It would be better to make sure that the only people that have access to the issue are the ones that are allowed to see the attachment. And how do you share the "decryption key"?

Suggest an answer