JIRA activity stream macro, in Confluence, not filtering properly

Danny Davidson November 19, 2018

When adding the Activity Stream Macro in confluence (to display JIRA activity) by default I am getting all activity for all projects. But when I try to apply a global filter "JIRA issue key".  I get "no activity found". It seems to filter properly by user name, but that doesn't help, as the members of the project Im wanting to filter by, work on other projects as well.   I know this worked at one point, and I'd suspect something changed within my company's JIRA\Confluence Admin, if it weren't for the fact that it DOES connect and display activity and 1 of the other global filters is working, I just can't seem to filter down to activity for a particular project\issue key

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 3, 2018

Hello Danny and welcome to the Community!

The Activity stream gadget can be very useful to find out when items are being changed or added to a Confluence space, a Jira Issue(1), or a user. The Gadget however cannot be focused on a project as a whole. It will only allow you to specify a Jira Issue Key (Which is a single Jira Issue, not the project as a whole).

Something to be aware of:

• The project key will be used as the prefix of this project's issue keys (e.g. 'TEST-100').
  • The URL for an issue will also display the Project and Issue keys
    • image.png

Don't despair as hope is not lost, there is a feature request to allow you to filter on a project as a whole within the activity stream gadget. You can find more about that feature request at (for server) ONFSERVER-32780 and (for cloud) CONFCLOUD-32780. We would suggest you vote and watch the feature that pertains to you so you may receive updates on their progress.

I hope this clarifies the capabilities of the Activity Stream Gadget along with a feature request to improve the gadget.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Suggest an answer