JIRA - Workflow Scheme names character limitation?

HI,

We have upgraded JIRA to 5.0.6 last week and now I want to add new Workflow Scheme in the system. I notice that I am not able add more than 30 characters in the name of the workflow any more.. In the previous version there was no limits and I was able to name with with more characters.. Is this a BUG or a intentional behavior?

It is very strange becouse when I want to make a copy of a current scheme that have more than 30 characters then everything is ok.. It is saying even more becouse of words: "Copy of.. " More! I can remove one letter for example "C" from "Copy" and I am able save this name with more characters. But not able to add any more characters..

Can somebody confirm the same or say that this was introduced in a new version? If so.. Can I know the reason why there is a limit now?

Thanks

Mirek

3 answers

1 accepted

Hi all,

Atlassian confirm that this is a BUG and looks like that we will have a fix in JIRA 5.2

You can track the progress on the process of implementing the fix under this JIRA issue:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-28527

I hope that the realease will be soon

Regards,

Mirek

AFAIK, WorkflowScheme has a name of max 255 chars (as defined in entitymodel). Now what are you describing is a javascript?!? problem, possibly ... Does it reproduce on all browsers ?

Hi Radu,

Yes.. I can reproduce this on any browser.. Chrome, Firefox, IE, .. This is very frustrating since there was no limit and now from some reason I am not able to add longer name. We have special naming convention and now it is imposible to follow it.

From this reason I need to now if this is a bug like Raimonds suggested or maybe intentional behavior? (to fix other bug or bigger problem). If it is a bug then is this fixed in 5.1?

I think so..

Can somebody from Atlassian confirm that? If so.. is there any workaround?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,198 views 13 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot