JIRA Suite Utilities - Value Field condition doesn't work

OBJECTIVE:

Force developers to select appropriate resolution during transition to Resolved state

STEPS:

1. Add new condition to the workflow transition

2. Select "Value Field - Allows to execute a transition if the given value of a field is equal to a constant value, or simply set."

3. Set condition as follows:

The field Resolution will have to be not equal to value 'NONE'. Compared as String.

I can still move issues to Resolved state with Resolution = NONE

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

JIRA Workflow Toolbox solves the problem.

To achieve intedended objective - you should instead add Validator (not conditiion) "Fields Required" and use Resolution field.

"NONE" basically means Resolution field is not filled. That's why your solution doesn't work.

Hi Andris, thanks for the reply.

The problem is that Resolution field must have a default value, it cannot be an empty string. So if no action is taken during transition to change resolution, resolution will be left at default , therefore "Fields Required" validator will always be satisfied. But the objective of forcing people to change resolution from default to appropriate one will not be.

I manually created NONE (string) as a default resolution.

In my opinion this is a bug in JIRA Suite Utilities plug-in, but they don't offer support other than posting questions on this board.

I am using other means to solve this.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Friday in Jira

New 5k User Limit and Other Cloud Updates

Hi all! Lauren here from the Enterprise Cloud marketing team.  I have some exciting Cloud updates from #AtlassianSummit that I wanted to share. We want everyone in your organization to be ab...

121 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you