JIRA Startup Failed

a10d March 31, 2014

Hi

I tried about 15 times to install JIRA on my machine. After the installation it works fine, but when i stop it and restart it again (using the windows service console), i get the JiraLockedError. I tried almost everything. I purged the plugin caches, deavtivated the anti virus software, increased the Plugin timeout, tried different java versions and so on.

I have no idea where the problem is. Could someone help me please?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andris Grinbergs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2014

You should delete lock file in the root of home folder and start jira again. Most probably you try to restart jira too quickly.

0 votes
a10d April 1, 2014

Thank you very much for your answers.

I already deleted the lock file in the jira home, but it didn't make a difference.

I opened the log file but i have no idea where the error is. Something goes wrong when the plugins are loaded, but I have no idea what exactly.

Here's a link to a pastebin from my log file: http://pastebin.com/sGcQpzz2I guess you know better where to look.

Andris Grinbergs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2014
a10d April 1, 2014

Thanks Andris, my JIRA installation works again. I added the parameter in the Windows service console. It starts as usual.

Thank you very much.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2014

It sounds like the "stop" isn't shutting it down properly.

You'll need to read the log file though, it should tell you why it's not starting on restart, and if I'm right about the "stop" failing, why it isn't stopping properly.

Suggest an answer