Hi

I tried about 15 times to install JIRA on my machine. After the installation it works fine, but when i stop it and restart it again (using the windows service console), i get the JiraLockedError. I tried almost everything. I purged the plugin caches, deavtivated the anti virus software, increased the Plugin timeout, tried different java versions and so on.

I have no idea where the problem is. Could someone help me please?

3 answers

1 accepted

You should delete lock file in the root of home folder and start jira again. Most probably you try to restart jira too quickly.

0 vote

It sounds like the "stop" isn't shutting it down properly.

You'll need to read the log file though, it should tell you why it's not starting on restart, and if I'm right about the "stop" failing, why it isn't stopping properly.

Thank you very much for your answers.

I already deleted the lock file in the jira home, but it didn't make a difference.

I opened the log file but i have no idea where the error is. Something goes wrong when the plugins are loaded, but I have no idea what exactly.

Here's a link to a pastebin from my log file: http://pastebin.com/sGcQpzz2I guess you know better where to look.

Thanks Andris, my JIRA installation works again. I added the parameter in the Windows service console. It starts as usual.

Thank you very much.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

794 views 3 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you