JIRA Startup Failed after running config.bat

Don Frazier October 11, 2011

I upgraded a development environment from 4.2.4 to 4.3.3. The upgrade was successful. I now want to point the environment at a copy of my Prod db (Prod is already running 4.3.3). I created a new db with a copy of prod and ran config.bat to point the development instance to the new db. When I go to the development url I get the follwoing error:

JIRA Startup Failed
You cannot access JIRA at present. Look at the table below to identify the reasons
Description
com.opensymphony.module.propertyset.PropertyImplementationException: SQL Exception while executing the following:SELECT ID, ENTITY_NAME, ENTITY_ID, PROPERTY_KEY, propertytype FROM jira.propertyentry WHERE ENTITY_NAME=? AND ENTITY_ID=? (Invalid object name 'jira.propertyentry'.)

I bounced the Apache service and same error.

What did I do wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2011

Did you update entityengine.xml etc to point to the correct Database type? http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Connecting+JIRA+to+a+Database

Don Frazier October 12, 2011

Thanks Jobin! I found there was a small difference in the datasource section of the entityengine.xml file when I compared my dev environment to the prod environment. I made the change in dev to match prod and it worked.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events