JIRA Server - Attachments -> AWS Elastic File System

Jiri Pik December 15, 2017

I am running JIRA Server on AWS EC2.

How to move  the attachments directory (the data directory) to the AWS EFS?

What AWS and JIRA configuration changes are necessary?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2017

Make the EFS directory available as storage within the directory tree on the Jira server, copy all the existing data, then use a symbolic link to point <jira home>/attachments to it.  (Or mount the EFS point at that place so it replaces the attachment storage)

Sara September 5, 2019

Can you please elaborate on "making the EFS directory available as storage" part. 

I have jira-efs and confluence-efs in AWS file system. Is that what you meant?

Also the instance has following folders
/var/atlassian/application-data/jira/data/attachments
/var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/shared-home

Do I have to just copy files from NFS to EFS now? Is copying with AWS CLI is the best way to achieve this?

0 votes
Kavirajacholan Selvaraj April 11, 2019

@Jiri Pik @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

I am having EFS mounted on /media/atl directory and successfully imported the xml backup. But now want to push my attachments, Logs, Avatars to EFS volume and I need to link to my Jira application. Since its failing in the health check.

Instance health checks

Health checks are tests that help you detect specific problems with your site. They run every hour and each time you visit this page. Find out which health checks are available and what they do

Problems detected

Error

Attachments

Error

Attachments

What does this check do?

Checks that the most recent attachments can be found and are able to be opened.

Result

The attachment (image-2019-03-18-15-09-03-151.png) for issue (PDI-17943) could not be read.

Could you please advise us how to move the attachments/avatars/logs to EFS and how to link to my application. Since my Database has 40000 attachments.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2019

It's no different to my original answer

The health check is failing because you have not made the disk available at the right point, or that you have not put the file in place.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events