JIRA SETUP: Implement Feature to integrate emails to Jira Cloud

Peddiboyina Nagendrababu November 29, 2018

Hi,

We want to implement a feature in jira so that users can respond directly from emails to jira ticket .Which helps us a lot by saving lot of time with out copying emails to jira or overwriting in both mail and jira ticket.

This will make Jira much more useful for team members.

Best,

P Nagendra Babu 

1 answer

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2018
Peddiboyina Nagendrababu November 29, 2018

Hi Steven,

Can you explain me the whole process clearly which helps me a lot step by step i am bit confused with the document you provided.

Best,

P Nagendra Babu

Peddiboyina Nagendrababu December 2, 2018

Hi,

Please Respond to my Request ASAP.

Best,

P Nagendra Babu

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2018

No, I can't give you a step-by-step. What about the documented instructions is confusing? Are you getting stuck at a particular step?

Peddiboyina Nagendrababu December 16, 2018

Hi,

I am facing issues

1.when i am giving reply from outlook to jira .I want to original body of the mail should be added as a comment in jira ticket .But, all the previous data from the mail are getting added.i want to eliminate the previous data of the mail.

2.While creating the ticket from mail i am bit confused how to fill all the custom field values from mail .i want the sequence or pattern in adding custom field values to ticket while creating ticket from mail to jira

Peddiboyina Nagendrababu December 16, 2018

I Found 6 mail handlers:

1.Create a new issue and add a comment to an existing issue

2.Add a comment from the non quoted email body

3.Add a comment with entire email body 

4.create a new issue from each email message

5.Add a comment before a specified marker or separator in the email body

6.Cloud email Handler

I

I am facing issues

1.when i am giving reply from outlook to jira .I want to (Strip the previous data)original body of the mail should be added as a comment in jira ticket .But, all the previous data from the mail are getting added.i want to eliminate the previous data of the mail.

2.While creating the ticket from mail i am bit confused how to fill all the custom field values from mail .i want the sequence or pattern in adding custom field values to ticket while creating ticket from mail to jira

And while i am choosing one of the mail handlers above it is asking for the Split Regex

Kindly let me know the proper mail handler and its respective Split Regex to eliminate or strip the previous data..

Peddiboyina Nagendrababu

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events