JIRA Rest API Custom field not returning full value

Pravalika Surya
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 14, 2020

I am trying to get a custom field, which is a dropdown value in jira looks like below,

VAST Appl ID: (ABCD - 12345) - DATA SECURITY TOOLS - BCIT - Dinesh

The Query I am using to get all issues is https://onejira.verizon.com/rest/api/2/search?jql=project=GDVA AND labels in (Tier1,Tier2,Tier3)&startAt=0&maxResults=1000

Which is returning all fields and the customfield_47800 which is giving the value of VAST APPL ID. But the value I am getting is only: ABCD not getting the whole value, Tried the other API's to get only customfieldoption using id But even that returns the same.

I need to get the whole value, Can someone help on this?

1 answer

0 votes
David_Bakkers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2020

Are you able to lookup the values of other custom fields that are drop-downs but only contain simple text values like "Value 1", "Value 2" etc?

Some of the characters in the drop-down field's value might be the cause of the problem

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events