JIRA REST api for Create Project (Version - v7.6.0)

Ramesh Kumar R November 30, 2017

Hi All

I am trying to create a project using REST api using a sample java program. It keeps giving me 400 error. I have tried the GET api and i am getting back the projects.

I have installed locally on my laptop and the java code is also running on the same. running

Not sure if there is anything wrong with the way I am forming the json , below is the json

{"key":"INEMP","name":"EMPMGMT","projectTemplateKey":"com.atlassian.jira-core-project-templates:jira-core-project-management","projectTypeKey":"business","lead":"ramesh.k@indusedge.com","assigneeType":"PROJECT_LEAD","notificationScheme":"10000","permissionScheme":"0","url":"http://atlassian.com","avatarid":"10324","categoryId":"0","description":"projfromcode","issueSecurityScheme":"0"}

I have not created any schemes for notification, issue or permissions. For avatarid I gave the id which I saw from my GET response to projects. I am not sure about category so gave it as 0.

Please Help

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Mathieu Yargeau January 12, 2018

Hello Ramesh,

I ran a REST call to create a project with your JSON data and it does give me a 400 error too. I inspected the response it gave me and it says the field "avatarid" is unrecognized. The correct field is "avatarId".

After that, I had to chan the avatarId value to have something that exists on my instance, and do the same for the lead. I also had to remove the fields "issueSecurityScheme" and "categoryId", it didn't seem to like the fact that the id was 0. It worked after that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events