JIRA Mail Hander CC'ed User question

Duncan DAVIES March 1, 2012

Hi

Currently the Jira Mail Handler will auto assign an issue to the person being CC'ed into the email. Is it possible to disable this feature using the handler parameters?

As well,is it possible to add CC'ed users into a field in JIRA? In our company, a CC'ed user will often be a manager or college that is also effected by the issue, and would generally also like to recieve notifications about the issue, and if this could be stored in a field we could work this into our notification scheme

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2012

The best solution could be to explore the use of JEMH. For your second question, you can add the email-ids in Cc to watchers so that they receive notifications for changes in the Jira issues.

Duncan DAVIES March 4, 2012

Thanks Renjith

I can't get the ccHandlers to work properly - I'm not sure if its because of the complete lack of instructions on how to properly install the LDAP files, or iv configured it wrong. My Handler parameters for ccHandling are

ccHandling=toCustomField

ccHandlingTargetCustomFieldName=CC'ed Users

ccHandlingNonJiraUserTargetCustomFieldName=CC'ed External Users

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2012

Ensure your nonjira cf is a text type (required for non jira accts), assuming you dont have createUsers=true. Explore turning on JEMH logging, which provides much more info.

Duncan DAVIES March 5, 2012

Hi Andy

I have enabled the logging in JEMH (as specific https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/JEMH/JEMH+Installation+for+Jira+4.x), but can't find the atlassian-jira-emh.log file anywhere. The 2 fields I have specified above are of the correct type (multi user/text). I can confirm the log4j has been edited properly, as I see 3 EMH entried in the logging section in Administration

Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2012

check your bin folder, what os are you running (windows services dont play well with logging)

Duncan DAVIES March 5, 2012

I am running under Windows, and can't find anything in the bin folder

Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2012

K, run as an application, JIRA as a windows service doesnt generate the logfile.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events