JIRA - Keyboard shortcuts triggered in description field during issue creation

Dave Pacifico September 29, 2011

I looked through open JIRA issues for quite a while before deciding to post this here. I haven't entirely figured out when this happens, which makes me not want to log an actual issue quite yet, but our users have been complaining loudly that when creating issues in our hosted JIRA instance, the Create Issue keyboard shortcut keeps being triggered while typing in the description field. This is triggered with just the "c" key, so you can imagine this happens very frequently. Most of our users have started writing descriptions in another text editor and then pasting it into JIRA, which is a big pain.

I've seen this so far in both Firefox and Chrome. We didn't always have this problem, so it's possible that it has something to do with JIRA 4.3 or 4.4. We're currently running 4.4. I'm sorry for the relative lack of information. If there's anything else I can provide, let me know. I'm going to continue to try to pinpoint exactly when the problem occurs.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Chin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 17, 2012

Hi Dave,

I suspect the behaviour due to plugin problem. Could you by any change install any plugin recently?

Regards,

John Chin

Dave Pacifico October 23, 2012
This ended up being related to the tinymce renderer plugin. We uninstalled it a couple months ago when we upgraded to Jira 5 and everything is fine now.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events