[JIRA Create on Transition Plugin] How to set summary + description during transition?

Lucas Molenaar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2012

I try to create a sub-task using a workflow button. For this purpose I installed the plugin "Create on Transition Plugin". This plugin indeed allows me to create a subtask by pressing a buton but I have not yet figured out how to set the summary + description for the created subtask.

I do not want to copy the values from the parant issues, the values should be captured by the transition screen.

e.g. when button "create subtask" is pressed, screen "subtask details" is displayed, which displays two custom text fields "subtask summary" and "subtask description". I fail to copy the values of these fields to the target subtask.

Note: values specified in the transition field should not be added to the parent issue, only to the subtask.

Could someone offer assistance?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tom Towkach July 22, 2012

I think this should be no problem; however, I don't know which versions of JIRA and the plugin you are using or if that even matters so I can't say for sure.

I think what you could do is create the transition screen exactly how you want. That transition would update 2 temp hidden fields to the original Summary and Description field. Create the sub task, then copy the temp hidden fields back to their original fields.

Lucas Molenaar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2012

I tried something similar but did not succeed yet.

I successfully copied two Custom fields to the subtaks and cleared the values afterwards so they would not show in the Parent task. Now i still need to figure out how to copy the values to the subtask`s summary and description fields in the same transition, will report here if I succeeded

edit: I added two copy steps to the create event of the subtask workflow and afterwards cleared the temp fields so they would not be displayed. Thanks for the help!

0 votes
Tom Towkach July 24, 2012

If I'm understaning you correctly then you just need to do some post function calls on the issue create transion of the sub-task itself.

Lucas Molenaar
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2012

Corect, that is what worked for me

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events