JIRA 7.0 Software displays incorrect System Info

Clean install of Ubuntu 14.04 Server, No Java installed shown to be installed.

I installed JDK 7 (1.7.0_80).  Verified this before installation (java -version), set the JAVA_HOME variable.

I installed JIRA just fine.  But I happened to go to the Settings > System > Troubleshooting and Support > System Info, and it gives me this:

Java Version1.8.0_51
Java VendorOracle Corporation
JVM Version1.8
JVM VendorOracle Corporation
JVM Implementation Version25.51-b03
Java RuntimeJava(TM) SE Runtime Environment
Java VMJava HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM

Like, how did 1.8 get on there?

I checked other software it lists, and found another discrepency:

I installed PostgreSQL 9.3.9.

But System info gives:

Database version9.3.10

??  

1 answer

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
1 vote
David Currie Atlassian Team Oct 16, 2015

If you installed the standalone version, it comes with a bundled JRE, which it will use by default. It ignores the $JAVA_HOME variable, and rather uses $JRE_HOME. This would explain the differences in the Java version, not so much PostgreSQL though!

If you check atlassian-jira.log it should have some information about the database on startup, for example:

Loading entityengine.xml from                 : file:/Users/potatobake/deployments/jira700/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/entityengine.xml
         Entity model field type name                  : postgres72
         Entity model schema name                      : public
         Database Version                              : PostgreSQL - 9.1.2
         Database Driver                               : PostgreSQL Native Driver - PostgreSQL 9.0 JDBC4 (build 801)
         Database URL                                  : jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/jira700
         Database JDBC config                          : postgres72 jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/jira700

If you check that, what does it list?

Yeah, looks like the DB was a mistake on my end. I did a test run installation a couple weeks ago, and I was keeping a log/notes on all the steps I was taking, etc. And I had it written down as 9.3.9. But in the past couple weeks, the repo was updated to 9.3.10, so when I did another run again from scratch, I assumed it would be 9.3.9, when it was 9.3.10.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

461 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you