JIRA 7.0 Software displays incorrect System Info

Jason Rider October 16, 2015

Clean install of Ubuntu 14.04 Server, No Java installed shown to be installed.

I installed JDK 7 (1.7.0_80).  Verified this before installation (java -version), set the JAVA_HOME variable.

I installed JIRA just fine.  But I happened to go to the Settings > System > Troubleshooting and Support > System Info, and it gives me this:

Java Version1.8.0_51
Java VendorOracle Corporation
JVM Version1.8
JVM VendorOracle Corporation
JVM Implementation Version25.51-b03
Java RuntimeJava(TM) SE Runtime Environment
Java VMJava HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM

Like, how did 1.8 get on there?

I checked other software it lists, and found another discrepency:

I installed PostgreSQL 9.3.9.

But System info gives:

Database version9.3.10

??  

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dave C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2015

If you installed the standalone version, it comes with a bundled JRE, which it will use by default. It ignores the $JAVA_HOME variable, and rather uses $JRE_HOME. This would explain the differences in the Java version, not so much PostgreSQL though!

If you check atlassian-jira.log it should have some information about the database on startup, for example:

Loading entityengine.xml from                 : file:/Users/potatobake/deployments/jira700/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/entityengine.xml
         Entity model field type name                  : postgres72
         Entity model schema name                      : public
         Database Version                              : PostgreSQL - 9.1.2
         Database Driver                               : PostgreSQL Native Driver - PostgreSQL 9.0 JDBC4 (build 801)
         Database URL                                  : jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/jira700
         Database JDBC config                          : postgres72 jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/jira700

If you check that, what does it list?

Jason Rider October 22, 2015

Yeah, looks like the DB was a mistake on my end. I did a test run installation a couple weeks ago, and I was keeping a log/notes on all the steps I was taking, etc. And I had it written down as 9.3.9. But in the past couple weeks, the repo was updated to 9.3.10, so when I did another run again from scratch, I assumed it would be 9.3.9, when it was 9.3.10.

Suggest an answer