JIRA 6.1.7 groovy validator to check if that at least one custom field is filled

We are running JIRA 6.1.7 with Groovy script runner. I have placed a validator check (Script validator) that includes the following line (in the Create transtition):

cfValues['System'] is not empty || cfValues['Area'] is not empty

But this seems not to be the correct line as this makes it so that both fields need to be filled. What I want to happen is that the user can decide which field to fill, but at least one needs to be filled. The user can fill both as well if he/she wants.

What would be the code? Any assistance, my coding brain just doesnt want to compute :D

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

cfValues['System'] || cfValues['Area']

should do it

Thanks Jamie, legend as always!

Hi Jamie,

Just returning to this question. Is there a way to use the above script with the ID's of the custom field? Ive ran into problems a few times after this question where the name of the custom field has been changed after and thus the script fails.

Is there a way to use the ID's?

For getting a reference to custom fields using their IDs you could use the following. The condition i have used in the example below is that custom field is not null. Hope that helps

//xxxxx = custom field id
CustomField customField_test = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject( xxxxx );
issue.getCustomFieldValue(customField_test) != null

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

276 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you