JIRA 6.0.2 fields still not displaying correctly in IE8

Unfortunately IE8 is our corporate browser so we have no choice but to support it. We are finding that the Components and Affects Version/s fields are still not displaying correctly and can't be edited, even with Compatibility Mode turned off. Screenshot: http://imgur.com/RREnR2R Any idea what might be causing this?

3 answers

Hi there,

Do you have anything in front of JIRA, such as a proxy or load balancer, that may be interfering in this issue?

In case yes, you may attempt to replicate the issue accessing JIRA directly via localhost.

I hope it helps.

Cheers

Hi Tiago, thanks for replying. On localhost IE8, those two fields do render correctly! We do have a corporate proxy in place and desktops are set to "Automatically detect settings" which eventually resolves to a corporate .pac file that is configured to use DIRECT connections for internal IP ranges. But then I did 2 tests. First, on a desktop I unticked this option, restarted IE8, confirmed that Google was inaccessible (no proxy at all in use) but found these fields were still broken in JIRA. Second, I then ticked 'Use a proxy server', explicitly entered the proxy details, ticked "Bypass the proxy for local addresses" and then added the server (just the computer name sans domain, eg. 'jiraserver') to the Exceptions list. Confirmed that Google works (proxy in use) but the fields were still broken in JIRA. I should add that Chrome and Firefox don't exhibit this problem on the desktop. Do you have any more diagnostics I can try or would you like me to report this in the JIRA bugtracker?

Hi Tiago, thanks for replying. On localhost IE8, those two fields do render correctly! We do have a corporate proxy in place and desktops are set to "Automatically detect settings" which I believe eventually resolves to a corporate .pac file that is configured to use DIRECT for intranet IP ranges. But then I did 2 tests. First, on a desktop I unticked this option, restarted IE8, confirmed that www.google.com was inaccessible (no proxy at all in use) but found these fields were still broken in JIRA. Second, I then ticked 'Use a proxy server', explicitly entered the proxy details, ticked "Bypass the proxy for local addresses" and then added the server (just the computer name sans domain, eg. 'jiraserver') to the Exceptions list. Confirmed that Google works (proxy in use) but the fields were still broken in JIRA. I should add that Chrome and Firefox don't exhibit this problem on the desktop. Do you have any more diagnostics I can try or would you like me to report this in the JIRA bugtracker?

hello, you find some solution? or can only work with Firefox?

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

59 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you