JIRA 5 UI behaviour

Vladimir Omelchenko December 18, 2012

After the upgrade from 4.4 to 5.2.2 I see the behaviour which totally wrong. When I load any page in JIRA 5 it is locking the JIRA UI until the page is fully loaded. I did not see this "feature" in JIRA4 before and it is slowing the process significantly so is there any way to stop JIRA5 doing it? Maybe there are some hints or tricks which can be applied to disable this functionality.

Thank you in advance.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vladimir Omelchenko June 3, 2013

In a misterious way after the plugin was updated by Valiantys the issue gone. The support replied that this was not a bug but an feature of their plugin. It appears that they understood that this is not a handy feature :)

0 votes
Vladimir Omelchenko January 2, 2013

It appears that the UI lock is caused by Valiantys SQL Feed plugin. When I disable it I cannot reproduct the UI lock. I have contacted the Valiantys support on this matter. I will post the solution here afterwards.

0 votes
Sean Curtis
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 19, 2012
Hi Vladimir, The blocking of the UI thread is most likely caused by JavaScript - either from JIRA itself or a plugin you have installed. I'd recommend raising a support request instead of using the Answers site. Out support techs are great at sorting out issues like this. Cheers, Sean
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2012

What do you mean by "locking the Jira UI until the page is loaded"? Specifically, what does "locked" mean?

Also, as you say it is slow, have you tried to investigate and debug that?

Vladimir Omelchenko December 19, 2012

The "UI lock" means that when you try to load any page/issue or administration section specifically I am not able to click any button while the page is loading. As an example the Admin UI is loading and browser shows that the page is in progress - while this time I can click plugins menu in the top but the control is locked and nothing happens if I click on any button.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer