JEMH on Jira 7.0.4 pull email taking very long time

Currently, we are using JIRA 7.0.4 and JEMH v1.8.41. The problem here is it takes very long time for creating a new issue. For instance: I sent an email to IMAP (port 143) mailbox at 08:00 but JIRA creates the issue at 08:40. The interval of Mail handler in Services is "Every 1 minute". Please show me how to fix this issue. I enable debug log of JEMH but it didn't have any valuable logs to investigate the root cause.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.
Andy Brook Community Champion Aug 08, 2016

Hello,

What you describe is a well known phenomena of sending very large emails (attachments) and IMAP.  If you perform tests with 500K, 1MB, 2MB, 4MB, 8MB you'll see what I mean.

> Please show me how to fix this issue

Don't use IMAP, use POP, which will download the entire email including large attachments in one hit, POP will outperform IMAP every time in this case (actually, in all cases).

Hi Andy Brook,

The size of the email is small and also it doesn't have the attachment to it. Currently, I've tried to use IMAP and IMAPS but still have the same issue. Let me try to work with POP/POPS.

Andy Brook Community Champion Aug 08, 2016

I see you've logged a support ticket @ https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/browse/JEMH-4808  I wont duplicate further here wink

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

137 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you