It is not clear what values I can use as security levels???

Lior Rudnik May 10, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Configuring issue-level security

Requirement

I want external users (partners) to have partial access issues in a project - basically so they can only see their own issues/bugs (we can limit this to bugs only) 

Questions

Its not clear what to configure in issues security levels as its all open text - so what security name is influencing visibility of issue?

I must be missing something basic here!

Please help with a way to implement the requirement!

2 answers

3 votes
Michael Partyka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2016

Hello Lior,

like you notice issue security can be set for :

• Individual users
  • Groups
  • Project roles
  • Issue roles such as 'Reporter', 'Project Lead', and 'Current Assignee'
  • 'Anyone' (eg. to allow anonymous access)
  • A (multi-)user or (multi-)group picker custom field.

You need to group your external user e.g. in group and create security level for it. This security level is created in security scheme and security scheme is associated with project e.g. like notification scheme.

If you will have any question please let me know.

0 votes
Andrea Carl
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2016

You decide the names of the security level.  Then those level show in the "Security Level" field when users create a new issue.  So the security level names should be recognizable to your end-users.

Suggest an answer