Issues drop down non-functional (JIRA)

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2014

Hi

I have JQL tricks plugin installed on jira 6.1.

The problem is that the issues drop down does not work, it is stuck.

I also notice that if i disable the JQL tricks plugin, it becomes functional. I really need this plugin, how can i get JIRA to work with this plugin.

Please note:

- I have done a full reindex,

- with and without deleting the indexing folders and plugin folders and

- restarted the instance couple of time.

- Even tried replaced the JQL plugin jar file directly from the installed plugins folders. But still the same.

Rahul

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey_Rjeutski__Polontech_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2014

To clear search - ask user to follow the link <yourjira>/issues/?jql=

that will reset current search

Ian Hecker
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 22, 2020

This worked for me. No options from dropdown, but after using the link i can delete/edit issues

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2014

Issues drop down doesn't become functional when the recent filter throws an error, I guess. Can you check the logs to verify?

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2014

HI Jobin, i think you are correct. When i logged in with another user the dropdown started working, which implies its something to do with last saved filter which is cuasing issues.

How can i fix it now, considering that the user cant access his filter (as his issues dropdown is not working)

Rahul

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 18, 2014

Go to ${baseURL}/secure/ManageFilters.jspa and click on the filter to modify it. Or delete it if it is beyond repair ;)

0 votes
Alexey_Rjeutski__Polontech_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2014

Please check logs on your browser. maybe there is some conflict with other plugin that fails all javascript routine. Or maybe there is a defect in plugin itself. If you use chrome - press F12 and open console tab, then refresh problem page. For FireFox - see http://www.howtogeek.com/105320/how-to-use-firefoxs-web-developer-tools/ for details.

Suggest an answer